This is the perfect weekend treat. The kick of cinnamon and tang of the berries really added a lot of flavor, you almost don’t need any syrup! Also I think the addition of the heavy whipping cream takes it to the next level, super moist yet had that awesome buttery crisp from the griddle.
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsps milk
- 6 tbsps heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 thick slices french bread
- Berries, powdered sugar and syrup to top it off!
1. Beat eggs, milk, whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in glass baking dish to blend. Add bread and turn to coat.
2. Cover and chill until bread absorbs egg mixture, 20-30 minutes.
3. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bread and cook until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Transfer to plates. Sift powdered sugar over toast. Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.