Cranberry Hootycreek cookies make amazing gifts, the idea is to layer all of the dry ingredients into a mason jar and tie the recipe to the top. My sister discovered these a few holidays ago and since then they are one of her go-to cookie recipes. I was a little hesitant to make a batch since I am not a huge fan of white chocolate but was pleasantly surprised. I love the tartness from the cranberries mixed with the sweet chips and buttery base. YUM!
- 5/8 cup + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 tsp of vanilla until fluffy.
3. Add all the dry ingredients and mix together by hand until well blended.
4. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on wire racks.