Nothing better than a big bowl of this creamy soup! My mom used to make a big batch for us with a loaf of french bread and it always hit the spot. You can make a lighter variation of this by replacing the whole milk with 2% but its definitely not the way margie would do it
- 1 bunch of broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3/4 of a 32 oz box of chicken broth
- 4 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- Dash of nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
1. Coat a saucepan with olive oil and saute onions for about 5 mins.
2. Add broccoli, chicken both, nutmeg and salt & pepper and let simmer until broccoli is tender.
3. Puree the broccoli mixture in a blender until creamy.
4. In a new saucepan, melt the butter.
5. Whisk the flour into the melted butter and then slowly whisk in the milk. Continue to whisk this mixture until it becomes thick.
6. Add the pureed broccoli to the cream and whisk until incorporated.
Serve with a dash of tabasco, fresh pepper and french bread!